In the wake of AllRomance’s closing, I did some searching for additional sites to sell on. I’d heard about Payhip but hadn’t taken the time to explore it. After setting it up in January and giving it a test run for about a month, I have to say I’m quite pleased with it!
As an author, it’s simple to set up an account and sell my books. As a reader, it’s easy to purchase books. That alone would be a huge draw, but there are a couple of other features I really like.
- Unlike most sites, Payhip only takes 5% per transaction. Plus there are no setup fees, monthly fees, or hosting fees. I get to keep 95% of the profits (compared to Amazon’s 70%)
- I get paid immediately (instead of monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly like AllRomance did!) This means even if the company closes, I won’t risk losing royalties!
- Accepts PayPal and credit cards
- Offers ALL file formats (mobi, ePub, and PDF) and helps protect from piracy.
- Gives me the opportunity to set my own prices AND offer coupon codes!
So far the only downside I can see is that it only offers digital content so I can’t sell my paperbacks. Honestly, that’s a totally worthwhile tradeoff for what I get instead. So please, stop by and check it out! (Click on the Payhip button below to go straight to my page there)
And if you want to get 25% off on ALL my titles, go to my Payhip page, click on the book you’re interested in, click a “Tweet or Like for Discount” button, and a dialog box will pop up with a pre-filled with a message and link. Once you tweet or like, you get a discount you can use immediately!
The best part is there are no restrictions on how many times you can get a discount!
Authors and readers, I’d love to hear back about what you think of Payhip so please, comment below with your feedback.